Device not available

Hi there,

I’m getting a warning message in Ableton Live 9 when I try to use videosync. I followed the installation steps on your website, and tried to restart the compouter and reinstall the plugin multiple times.
It says: “This device is not available in this version of Live”

I’m was trying to use the last version of videosync 0.8.1 (demo), with Ableton Live 9 Standard and Max for Live (demo), on a MacBook Pro (2016) with Sierra 10.12.6

Do you have an idea of what could be wrong, here ?

Thank you in advance.
Cyril

Hi Cyril,

My first guess would be that this warning comes from Ableton Live telling you Max for Live has not been activated (yet). However, to be sure that it’s not a Videosync issue, could you tell me whether or not:

• You can play video files using Videosync in the Session View without the use of any Max for Live devices.
  • Other (non-Videosync) Max for Live devices do work.

As far as I know, there exists no demo of Max for Live. You’re possibly referring to a demo version of Max, which is not the same as Max for Live. Here you can find some extra information about how the Max for Live license works.

Hope this helps!
Hidde

Hey Hidde,

Thank you for your reply.
You were right, I just needed to activate Max for Live and now it’s working :slight_smile:

Best,
Cyril

1 Like

Happy to hear!

Best,
Hidde