New LiveMTC features in version 0.12

Today we released a new version of LiveMTC with features that make it easier to use Ableton Live in a movie production context.

Here is the list of new features:

• a time code offset that is easy to edit with the numpad
  • a time delay in ms to compensate for small deviations in the way tools handle time code.
  • an easy way to jump to a position in beats in the Live timeline
  • pressing space in the Bridge application now toggles play/stop in Ableton Live.

Also, the performance is upgraded so the Bridge application should use less of your CPU resources.

Many thanks to Ludwig Goransson for commissioning and sponsoring this development!

Download the tool here: Showsync | Free Tools for Ableton Live

Hi I am getting errors when I attempt to run bridge or drop in the plug in. Is there something I am not doing? running OSX 10.11.6 and Live standard 9.6.2

Hi Volkswatson,

It sounds like you may not have Max For Live installed. Could that be the problem?

Good Sirs,
I found out about Live MTC recently. Is there a Windows version in the works?

Unfortunately, no, it is Mac only at the moment.

Theoretically it should not be a huge project. If you are a Max developer and you feel like giving it a go, let us know and we can send you the source patches.

Hi Guys,

Great work on the plug-in. I would also like to +1 the Windows version request!

Best wishes,

Gerrit

Hey Mattijs,

Unfortunately I’m not a Max Developer. But I’m willing to pay a fair price for the Windows version.

Hopefully it pushes through.

Thanks,
Bryan

Hi. I’m having an issue running the LiveMTC bridge app on my Mac 10.8.5

Says, “Live MTC Bridge.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

Any ideas? thanks

I should have tested this on another mac. Seems it does work just not on 10.8.5.

Hi,

same problem in mac os 10.12.1 …
How can we fix that ?

Thanks

Hi akatim and lg3bass,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue.

This should now be fixed, it would be great if you could download the zip again and verify if it works for you.

Regards,
Mattijs

Hey guys,

I’m just testing out the MTC plugin (for the moment with ableton trial version - but If the MTC plugin works i’ll be upgrading my license to the full suite).

For some reason in the Live MTC Bridge once the counter gets to 127.4.3 it jumps back to 127.0.0 and gets stuck in a loop never getting above 127.4.3.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paulm,

Thanks a lot for reporting this, I was able to reproduce and fix it.

I did a silent update of version 0.12, if you download it again from our website you should be able to confirm that the issue is gone.

Best,
Mattijs

Hi There,

i am using Ableton Live Suite Trial (with Max for Live included) latest version 9.7.1 on Sierra 10.12.1. Tried to add the plug, did succeed about time but shows the message “Live MTC Bridge.app is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash”.

Any ideas to fix this ?
Thanks

Hi rominchko,

Thanks for reporting this.

It appears that in the latest release of Max, a bug was introduced in the signing system, resulting in this error when building an application. I submitted the bug to Cycling '74 and they are working on a fix.

In the mean time, it is possible to disable the Gatekeeper functionality in Mac OS like so: How to Allow Apps from Anywhere in macOS Gatekeeper (Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, Sierra, High Sierra)

Hope that helps for now, as soon as the bug is fixed we will export a new version of LiveMTC that doesn’t have this inconvenience.

Best,
Mattijs

Hi all,

In the mean time I managed to sign the app with our own signature.

Please let me know if this fixes the issue for you.

Best,
Mattijs

Thanks! I’ll give it a try this week and let you know :slight_smile: